Third Quarter Perfect Attendance Rewarded

Frankie Medina

Folklorico performs at Quarter 3 Perfect Attendance Ceremony.

Frankie Medina, Editor-in-Chief

Valley High School held their Perfect Attendance Breakfast Ceremony on March 3rd in Valley’s cafeteria to celebrate those who had attendance all throughout 3rd Quarter. They celebrated by having goodie bags, breakfast, and games for students.

“It’s amazing being able to celebrate our students who have zero absences. It says a lot about their character and how dedicated they are about their education,”  Attendance Clerk Janice Acosta expresses.

Frankie Medina
Students celebrating their perfect attendance in quarter 3.

The ceremony started off with the students receiving their goodie bags from Acosta. This goody bag included snacks, such as chips and candy, and fun-size toys like a Rubik’s Cube and a stress ball.  There was an amazing performance by Folklorico, where they performed “The Ribbon Dance,” and wowed the crowd.

“Folklorico performed amazingly and they paired perfectly with the amazing breakfast,” senior Jose Medina said.

Following Folklorico’s performance, there were a variety of games. There were Hot Hands, Musical Chairs, and Face the Cookie, which was the challenge to get a cookie from your forehead to your mouth. With all this fun, came amazing advice for those who were unable to attend.

Frankie Medina

“Attend not just today, but attend and achieve tomorrow,” senior Kaiya Maye said. “School educates you and it prepares you for your future.”

There is no question that this event allowed students to have fun and feel special. Celebrating these students’ success is one of the main priorities at Valley High School, and this event definitely succeeded.

Frankie Medina

“I am proud of our students,” Acosta said, “and wish the absolute best for them to succeed and be successful.”