PAC Meeting Covers School Hybrid Model

Kahleia Corpuz

The Parents and Community Meeting this month goes over the new hybrid model. The new hybrid model started March 22nd, 2021.

Isabella Medina, Reporter

On Wednesday March 17, a PAC meeting was held to talk about how the hybrid model would work for students and parents.

Schools are opening their doors for students to come. Valley is one of these schools, and safety measures and new rules have been implanted to ensure the safety for everyone on campus.

“We have worked diligently for the last six months to prepare for students to come back, and our first concern is about student and staff safety,” Assistant Principal Phillip Marsh said. “We have put many things into place that I believe will help with safety.”

It was now the end of the PAC meeting. Teachers, parents, and students were gathered for the hybrid model presentation. (Isabella Medina)

One of these changes is that there will be a limited number of students who will enter depending on their choice to remain virtual or go back to school, which is separated by a cohort system. For cohort A, students will go to school on Mondays and Tuesdays, and Cohort B students will go Thursday and Friday. Another major change will be the schedule. Students will go to school starting at 7:10 A.M. and no longer at 8:05 A.M. This will be effective on March 22. Mask coverings will be required to enter Valley, and social distancing will be used to ensure safety as well as pedal hand sanitizers for students to use without touching it with their hands.

“We appreciate all the time our Vikings have dedicated to getting their questions answered and reaching out to learn more about the new hybrid model,” Assistant Principal Jennifer Geissinger said. “We are so excited to see students coming back on campus.”

For more information or for those who weren’t able to make it to the meeting, the meeting was recorded and will be posted on Valley’s website for people to view. It was also translated in Spanish for families who speak Spanish. If there are any questions, ask a teacher or Valley staff member for help.

“The most important thing I want students and staff to remember is that we are a family at Valley,” Marsh said. “It is our obligation to look out for and to take care of each other. Academics are very important, but we want to make sure we take care of each other emotionally as well.”