Seniors Prepare for Graduation

Kahleia Corpuz

As the year winds down, Valley seniors prepare for graduation. Graduation will be held in the Thomas and Mack Center on June 2nd.

Valeria Garcia Alcala, Reporter

Seniors are having their graduation ceremonies on June 2nd at the Thomas & Mack Center.

There will be two ceremonies one at 4:00 pm for students whose last name starts with the letters A-L, and a ceremony at 8:00 pm for students whose last names begin with the letters M-Z. Due to COVID-19, there are rules in place to ensure everyone’s safety.

“Each graduate will be allowed four tickets,” Assistant Principal Philip Marsh said. “There are no exceptions. Masks must be worn at all times. Graduates are not allowed to bring any bags or personal items with them, and decorating of caps is not allowed.”

Senior Maricela Mendoza Diaz’s final year was pretty stressful but in a way was unique because due to COVID-19, school was entirely online for her. Diaz is really excited to see her peers graduate with her since it will be the last time she will see them in high school.

“Everything you’ve done this year has been worth it,” Diaz told herself, “and I’m so glad that you never gave up!”

Marsh expects that the seniors will have a great time and that they will celebrate their outstanding accomplishments, acknowledging that they represent their families and Valley.

“We are so proud of our graduates,” Marsh said. “Students have been through so much, and hopefully having a ‘normal’ ceremony will help make lasting positive memories.”