Softball Seniors Take Their Leave

Quinn Pedrick, Managing Editor

Valley’s Varsity softball team had an astonishing win on Wednesday, May 12th as the last home game for the seniors.

Following a loss on the previous Monday, the seniors played their best final game in their high school softball career.

Senior Mykeanna Harris running in one of the 5 runs scored in the bottom of the first inning. (Quinn Pedrick)

“Senior Co-Captain, [Maria Vega], was the Winning Pitcher,” Softball Coach Scott Pallay said. “Senior Co-Captain [Center Fielder] Mykeanna Harris had 3 hits including 2 Triples, scored 3 runs, and had 2 RBIs. Senior [Third Base] Julie Ramirez-Sanchez had 4 hits, scored 3 runs, and had 3 RBI.”

Senior Karla Hernandez Miranda walking with her friends and family past her teammates. (Quinn Pedrick)

Pallay told the team how proud he was to be their coach and for them to go chase their dreams as they leave Valley. While none of the seniors plan to continue softball at a higher level, they still gave it their all in their last game.

“My thoughts and feelings [in] this last game were bittersweet because I feel like I had a great performance, but it sucks that it’s our last game,” senior Second Basemen Karla Hernandez Miranda said. “I just wish we could keep playing. I love playing softball at Valley High School, and I had amazing teammates to do it with.”