Students Celebrated for Positive Attendance

Alessandra Alvarez

The gathering of students who earned positive attendance throughout the whole year for an in-person celebration.

Valeria Garcia Alcala, Reporter

Positive attendance ceremonies were held May 17-21 for both fourth quarter, and all year positive attendance was celebrated at an in-person event on Wednesday, May 19.

Each grade level celebrated fourth quarter positive attendance separately in Google Meets at the end of the school days. During these meets students played a trivia game, and the person who answered first could spin a wheel filled with many prizes, such as lights, headphones, a camera, and many gift cards. Each grade level had ten winners.

“Attendance is a huge portion of how we follow our Viking Value of Ready to Succeed.” Assistant Principal Jennifer Geissinger said. “We want to always recognize those students who dedicate themselves to attending their classes regularly.”

Geissinger knows some days are harder than others for students to stay motivated and attend to their responsibilities. This was the reason she and her team decided that positive attendance deserved a priority to be recognized.

“Keep up the great work and these good habits will help you in the future in college and/or the workplace,” Geissinger said.