The Student News Site of Valley High School

Emma Thurgood

Zachary Ghedamsi “Dresses to Impress” on the fourth day of spirit week. He showed his school spirit on returning to in-person school after a year at home.

Dress to Impress Brings Success

Students came to the 4th day of Valley’s spirit week each looking their finest, with clothes ranging from professional to formal attire.

Spirit week is about self expressionism, individualism, and creativity. The week itself is designed to inspire kids to be involved within the events the school has, as well as wearing what makes students comfortable and excited to come to school.

“I participated because I wanted to show school spirit,” Junior Kandy Valencia Mejia said. “I am heavily involved in my school and community.”

Students participated for a variety of reasons. Some to show school spirit, and other students simply enjoyed a reason to wear upscale outfits.

“[Dress to impress day] allows me to wear things I normally don’t get to,” Sophomore Astrid Espinoza said. “I enjoy the day because it gives me a reason to wear nice clothes to school.”

Some students even felt like models.

“It’s not everyday we get to dress like we’re walking down the runway,” Sophomore Isis Pacis said.

Thor's Hammer • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in