Valley Secures Homecoming Victory

Kaylani Rodrigues

Varsity football claims victory over Western High School during the homecoming football game.

Quinn Pedrick, Editor-in-Chief

The Homecoming football game against Western High School resulted in a victory for the Valley Vikings.

On September 24, Valley held the traditional homecoming football game prior to the homecoming dance the next day. The game ended 27-12, bringing Valley their second win of the season as well as the confidence of winning the homecoming game for a large, spirited audience.

“It was a great achievement for the Valley Viking football team,” senior Niraj Prasad said. “We needed it as a whole team to get the energy we need to work together.”

The game started strong for Valley with two touchdowns in the first half, but their momentum slowed during the third quarter.

Valley Cheerleaders lead the crowd to cheer on the football team in their win over Western during the homecoming game. (Kaylani Rodrigues)

“The third quarter was when we did not know what we were doing,” junior R’Caliki Caesar said. “Third quarter was our worst quarter, [but] fourth quarter, we got right back up and…[knew] what to do and [ran] back up the score and started playing better defense and offense.”

The fourth quarter was when Valley secured the game with a strong touchdown scored by senior Davion Duncan. After a great win for Valley, the team hopes to carry the momentum with them to their next game on October 1.

“[The] next game is [against] Moapa, so we’re probably going to have to work really hard,” Caesar said, “because they’re a big team, so we’re going to have to do better this week.