Flake Joins Admin Team to Promote Student Success

New Student Success Coordinator Bryan Flake joins the Valley administration in hopes to help the students and build the community.

Unknown

Bemo Miller, Reporter

Bryan Flake as a first year administrator at Valley: however, he has been an educator for 24 years.

Some of Flake’s responsibilities around the school include supervising the cafeteria at lunch, keeping an eye on the hallways, helping out the students and staff, as well as many other things. Flake stated that this is the career path he followed all the way to Nevada from Idaho.

“I’m also the athletic administrator,’ Flake said. “I definitely enjoy my relationships with the administrators and the staff all the way from the custodians to the campus monitors.”

Flake goes on to say that as this is his first year experience at Valley, it has already helped him grow as an educator, as well as having public influence pointing out that this school was one for Flake’s records.

“When I was applying [to] jobs and got interviewed for this one, [everyone], even the media in our area told me that this was a great school to come to,” Flake said. “I’ve [definitely] grown quickly: the size of the school, the staff members, and [even] the students [has been] a lot different than where I came from.”

One thing that Flake goes on to mention is the closeness he finds himself in with the rest of the staff after having been around each other for prolonged periods of time.

“You definitely develop that closeness and family friendship,” Flake said, “because you’re always together.”