Cheer and Football Celebrate in the Senior Pink Out Game

Kaylani Rodrigues

Seniors Kajon Gray, Christopher Gutierrez, Deandre Gholar, and Davion Duncan honored at senior night on October 22.

Isabella Medina, Reporter

On Friday, October 22, it was both Valley’s Cheer and Football Senior Night, and throughout the night, it was eventful.

Many events were occurring during both senior nights; there was a fundraiser for breast cancer awareness that was being hosted by cheer and a home football game with Valley going against Parhump with Valley losing.

“It was a lot of mixed emotions for me because I started the game off very poor; there was a big play…that was in my mind all night… but it was pretty good,” Senior Player Marcus Mcgruder said. “I liked the entrance; [overall]… it was very nice.”

The senior football players had their senior night on the football field; for some it was a great experience despite the loss.

“Overall the night was fun; it was great to experience,” senior football player Ka’Jon Gray said. “Yeah, it was sad since we lost, but it was also just a fun game in general.”

Cheer sold a pink shirt with the Viking logo for the game and also to raise funds for breast cancer awareness; it was a shirt that the student body, athletes, and staff could wear as a way to support the research for a cure. It was also the senior night for the senior cheerleaders to celebrate who would be moving on, alongside with the football players that night.

“I was very emotional because it kind of hit me that I was now a senior and you don’t realize how fast time goes by and having them announce the college I want to go to and the major I want to choose was overall emotional,” senior cheerleader Zamarion King said.