Band Seniors March For Memories

Senior Jaden Spaight is recognized during marching band’s senior night.

Bemo Miller, Reporter

On October 22nd band seniors had a night on the football field with close friends and family.

Band senior night is a time for all of the seniors in the band program to walk across the football field and represent all the hard work and time they put into the program.

“[The experience] was exciting, and kind of shocking,” senior Jaden Spaight said. “It was a good [feeling] to have my whole family out and walk the field with me.”

Spaight goes on to say the experience was fun for him and took an effect on his perspective of his high school experience.

“Yes [senior night] did change my high school experience,” Spaight said. “I felt proud to walk across the field that evening.”

Other seniors stated that the night was rather emotional for them, one of those seniors being Leslie Garcia-Chavez.

“It was really nice, I had a lot of fun with the band,” Garcia-Chavez said. “Kind of emotional because [it helped me realize] it’s my last year here.”

Garcia-Chavez also says that the evening changed her perspective on her years in high school, helping her see the emotions of being in her last year.

“Yes a little bit, other years were different because I didn’t feel that emotion of leaving the school,” Garcia-Chavez said. “That night had a lot of emotions.”